Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ)
Building ETA, Gloriastrasse 37
8092 Zürich, Switzerland
The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ) was founded in 1855 and is conveniently located in Zürich city center. More than 24,000 students from over 120 different countries are currently enrolled at ETHZ, more than 4,000 of whom are doctoral students.
The symposium will be held in the ETA and ETZ buildings. The talks will be given in the historic Paul Scherrer auditorium, the largest lecture hall at ETH (building ETA, room F5), which was originally built in the 1950s and renovated in 2022. The poster sessions will take place in the foyer outside the auditorium.
Paul-Scherrer-Auditorium; Image credit: Kuster Frey
Directions to ETH Zürich, Paul Scherrer Auditorium
From Zurich Airport
- From the “Zurich Airport” tram stop
- Tram no. 10 (towards Bahnhofplatz/HB) as far as the “ETH/Universitätsspital” stop, followed by a short walk. The tram runs every 7 to 15 minutes between 6 o’clock in the morning and 11 o’clock at night.
- Journey time: 35-40 minutes
- If you wish to travel from the airport to the city centre (Zurich main station), we recommend using the S-Bahn or mainline services. The trains depart from the “Zurich Airport” station
- Journey time: approx. 10 minutes
You will require a ticket valid for 3 zones.
If you are spending the whole day in Zurich, it is worth buying a day pass (valid for 24 hours). View the train timetable here.
- A taxi ride from the airport to ETH Zürich takes 20 to 30 minutes and costs about 55 CHF.
From Zürich HB (Zurich main station)
- ETH Zurich is a 1.5 km walk (uphill) from Zürich HB.
- From the “Bahnhofstrasse/HB” stop: Tram no. 6 (towards the Zoo) as far as the “Voltastrasse” stop. Journey time: approx. 14 minutes
- From the “Bahnhofplatz/HB” stop: Tram no. 10 (towards the Airport or Oerlikon station) as far as the “ETH/Universitätsspital” stop or Tram Nr. 3 (towards Klusplatz) as far as the “Central” stop (1 stop), from “Central” by the Polybahn funicular (departs every three minutes) to the Polyterrasse, both followed by a short walk. Journey time: approx. 15 minutes
You will require a ticket that is valid for zone 110 (city of Zurich).