Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ)
8092 Zürich, Switzerland
The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ) was founded in 1855 and is conveniently located in Zürich city center. More than 20,000 students from over 100 different countries are currently enrolled at ETHZ, 4,000 of whom are doctoral students.
The symposium will be held in the historic main building of ETHZ. The talks will be given in the Auditorium Maximum, Room 30, Floor F, and poster sessions take place in the aula outside the auditorium.
Directions to ETH Zürich, Zentrum
From Zurich Airport
- From the “Zurich Airport” tram stop
- Tram no. 10 (towards Bahnhofplatz/HB) as far as the “ETH/Universitätsspital” stop. The tram runs every 7 to 15 minutes between 6 o’clock in the morning and 11 o’clock at night.
- Journey time: 30 minutes
- If you wish to travel from the airport to the city centre (Zurich main station), you are recommended to use the S-Bahn or mainline services. The trains depart from the “Zurich Airport” station
- Journey time: approx. 10 minutes
You will require a ticket valid for 3 zones.
If you are spending the whole day in Zurich, it is worth buying a day pass (valid for 24 hours). View the train timetable here.
- A taxi ride from the airport to ETH Zürich takes 20 to 30 minutes and costs about 55 CHF.
From Zürich HB (Zurich main station)
- ETH Zurich is at 1 km walk (uphill) from Zürich HB.
- From the “Bahnhofstrasse/HB” stop: Tram no. 6 (towards the Zoo) as far as the “ETH/Universitätsspital” stop. Journey time: approx. 6 minutes
- From the “Bahnhofplatz/HB” stop: Tram no. 10 (towards the Airport or Oerlikon station) as far as the “ETH/Universitätsspital” stop or Tram Nr. 3 (towards Klusplatz) as far as the “Central” stop (1 stop), from “Central” by Polybahn (departs every three minutes) to the Polyterrasse. Journey time: approx. 8 minutes
You will require a ticket that is valid for zone 110 (city of Zurich).